Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Quick update

To reassure people that I'm still alive (several have been asking), I'm house sitting for a fellow "worker" out in the countryside. If you want to know where, specifically, google a map of Cambodia, look dead-center in the country, and you'll see the provincial town of Kampong Thom. This is truly like the Mayberry of Cambodia - I love it. It's where I taught and worked during summers of 2003-2005.

I'll post again soon with pictures and details of my time here. It's been a blast, including activities like boat races, swimming in the rice fields, long moto rides through the countryside, visiting the local "mountain." Yesterday I went to the market and bought an onion, garlic, tomatoes, and basil (the asian variety) and made myself an awesome pasta sauce. Noodles are easy enough to come by here. When all was said and done I had spent $1.25 and had myself an incredible dinner.

Ok, that's all for now. Peace out everyone!

Bryant

No comments: